It’s officially spring time and talk of spring cleaning is everywhere! While I know I need to spring clean my house, I am going to put it off for now and spring clean my business, instead! 😉
7 Ways to Spring Clean Your Direct Sales Business
- Do you have empty likes on your Facebook page? You know, those people who are never going to buy from you? Maybe other consultants in your company or people who liked your page through a like ladder of some sort? Having those people on your page is actually not good for it! A small following of people who engage with you is way better than a large following of people who don’t care about your business. They are unlikely to engage or ever buy from you, so it is a good idea to just get rid of them! Go through FB page “likes” and delete anyone who is unlikely to actually buy from you. A small following of people who engage is better than a large following of people who don't. Click To Tweet
- How organized and clean is your office? Did you make a resolution in January to keep up with the office organization and paperwork? Yeah, me too. Has that already gone by the wayside and become clutter? Yeah, mine too. Take a day to really organize and clean your office and paperwork and set up a system for keeping it that way.
- How is your system for customer follow ups? Take some time to go through your past orders from the year and follow up with anyone you have missed! And make sure you have a system for follow up so no one gets left behind.
- If you’re like many entrepreneurs, you started out the first of the year with a bang and a determination to rock your business this year. But somewhere along the way reality sets in, fears creep up, doubt rises, and motivation fades. If this is you right now, then go back and revisit your “why!” Do you have a mission statement for your business? Maybe you need to dust it off and get back on track. Spring cleaning time is a great time to do this!
Download my FREE Brand Workbook!
- Along with revisiting your mission statement and your why, what about updating your FB business page about section? You should update this every so often and keep it fresh and up to date. Your about section on your FB page and your about page on your blog are two of the most-read parts of your page/blog! So keep them interesting, and make sure you update them often!
- How are you on keeping up with your social media platforms? Do you sometimes struggle to stay on top of them? Yeah, me too. One thing that helps me is to frequently sit down and batch my graphics. (I hope you are creating your own graphics for your social media platforms and not using others’ graphics!) I sit down and just focus on creating a bunch of different graphics at once. Then I schedule them on my social media platforms. If you can get into a routine of doing this every so often, it can help you stay on top of things!
- Ok, let’s talk email inbox. Are you someone who likes a clean and organized email inbox or is yours like mine where every email you’ve ever received is still sitting there? Yeah, I am going to be working on this list, too! 😉 Go through and delete anything you don’t need, organize emails you are keeping into folders, and make sure to unsubscribe from emails and lists you don’t really need/read. Then start fresh and keep it clean and organized!
Well, there you have it. 7 ways to spring clean your business! First, leave me a comment and tell me what you are going to do to spring clean your business, then go get started! And be sure to come back when you’re done and tell me what you did and how it went!